luni, 8 martie 2010

Awake

...Still in time, i watch the first bullet as it runs through my hand and smashes against the wall. My blood spills and the pain rapidly gets to my head and starts the rage, the rage that was already overwhelming but under my control none the less. I march forward, driven by the pain and "catch" another bullet, with my left hand this time. But this one had an explosive head and all its heat tore my hand apart. Another sting from the pain and i feel like i am losing it. Losing it all... I remember the last time that i was overrun. All the pain was transferred to the ones that were trying to kill me. None of them lived to see the next moonlight. They were warned that none would live if they would face me and try to kill me. Their thought started it all. I was able to sense them , the hatred mixed with the fear was like an adrenaline pump for me. I was unstoppable. Well, in fact all i could do was to watch them die, just like in my darkest thoughts, just like in their worst nightmares. It only took one second of uncontrolled rage, one second of darkness, one second when the lack of control took them all to the land of no return... Another shot in my shoulder started to hurt really bad. My shield was almost depleted and they still had armor penetrating ammo. Of course they did, they were my best team-mates... We trained together to defeat our foes,we shared together the moments when we were not fighting, we died bit by bit with every friend that was turning against us on the battle field. And now? Now it was my turn. Predicted long time ago, the demon inside me was taking over. Half of my team-mates were killed when that happened. I nuked our entire base in a second. Nobody knew the codes for the nuke, not even i did. But the demon knew them. Awoken by the age that was catching up with the thousand demons that saw extinction under the shock-waves coming from somewhere deep inside me, he killed all my colleagues and nuked by himself the whole base.The ones that were on a mission that day were the only ones that survived. After that, for some unknown reason, i regained control of my body. I've been on the run for three days, but they found me eventually. I had to keep control for as long as it took in order for them to kill me in my human form. "Keep it up guys! If you don't you'll never live to see this world free again!" i shouted as my shield was down and i was kneeling under the bullet rain. My blood was leaving me and so was my power to contain him. The mirror of my dreams shattered in front of me, the light from my eyes disappeared and the rage took over... "Fly, you fools!" as Gandalf, the old mighty wizard from the forgotten stories would say... I am awake!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu